Skip to main content

What does the charge 12032A F PC VIOLATION OF PROBATION mean

Westminster, CA |
Attorney answers 3


I think you might mean 1203.2. It means that law enforcement or the DA is saying you violated probation. The court now has the ability to revoke your violation, so your probation is frozen until you appear in court and resolve the matter. You can face additional punishment for violating probation, including jail up to the maximum sentence (for example, on a misdemeanor the maximum punishment is 1 year, so if you violate probation you could face up to a year in jail. However, if you've already spent 6 months in jail, then the most you could do is 6 more months.) It appears that they maying be charging you with a felony violation of probation, which would mean you're on probation for a felony. If that's true, it's possible you could be facing state prison. You should contact your attorney for the underlying case and see if they can help you.


The section you are referring to is California Penal Code Section 1203.2(a). This section simply is telling you that the person is being accused of violating their felony probation and that the government is exercising its authority to rearrest the probationer pursuant to this code section. This section does not tell us what the probationer is accused of doing to violation his or her probation.

Section 1203.2(a) reads in pertinent part "if any probation officer or peace officer has probable cause to believe that the probationer is violating any term or condition of his or her probation or conditional sentence, the officer may, without warrant ... rearrest the person and bring him or her before the court or the court may, in its discretion, issue a warrant for his or her rearrest."


It means that the prosecution is alleging that you violated the terms of your probation. You need to appear in court and clear this up immediately as a warrant may have been issued for your arrest. Good luck.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer