Skip to main content

What does it take to transfer probation from colorado to texas?

Grand Junction, CO |

my husband was sentenced to 2 years probation, work release (currently active), drug and alcohol classes. we are planning on going back home to texas since his work up here isnt giving the hours promised and need any advice possible to make this happen.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


In order to transfer your probation to another state, you must petition the new state to accept you through the interstate compact program. They are under no obligation to accept the transfer. If you are a current resident of this state, that makes it more complicated. You should seek local counsel to assist you in this endeavor.

Best of luck.

John Buckley


My dear friend John is right. You need to apply for an inter state compact transfer and must be approved by the receiving state.