Skip to main content

What does it mean "in the best interests of the minor and public that the minor be adjudged a ward of the court and other

Geneseo, IL |

relief under the Juvenile Court Act." What does that mean?

+ Read More

Filed under: Child custody
Attorney answers 3


the judge says



Should I get an attorney before we go to court or wait to see if my minor is charged? There are no pending charges against me (his Mom)


That is the juvenile court equivalent of a finding of guilty of there were charges against the juvenile. If there are charges against the adults in the juvenile's life, it makes the juvenile a ward of the state.


You can think of it as the court having "custody" of the child.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer