Skip to main content

What does immigration proceedings mean on question #16 in form I-130?

Boston, MA |

I came to the U.S. when I was 11 years old, through the desert and got caught by immigration police and they sent me back the same evening, or morning don't remember exactly. Does this mean that I was part of immigration proceedings? Do I answer yes? Or should I just answer Removal? Please help!..... Would be greatly appreciate it!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There are excellent immigration clinics in Boston who can review the petition and provide advise as to the best options. At times, the fact information was not provided is worse than if it was provided and explained. Depending on when the interdiction and removal was done the Boader patrol may have taken your fingerprints.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.



Thanks C.C. Abbott.... I do remember them taking my finger prints. But I can not afford a lawyer at the point. Should I answer yes? and check the removal option?


it may have been expedited removal most likely. see a local immigration attorney for help.

Please be advised this answer is for informational purposes only and no attorney-client relationship has been formed. You should also see a local attorney for legal advise before acting on any of the statements given to you online as there may be aspects of your case that are not obvious by the question asked online.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer