Skip to main content

What does Homicide with Conditions mean?

Valdosta, GA |

My friend was driving intoxicated w 3 passengers in his truck they hit an embankment and flipped 3 times throwing 2 people out the truck rolled on one and she died. The driver and his gf was fine. The driver took off and the gf took the other girl tht was thrown out to a fire station then they called police and told about the other girl they left. The driver was charged w homicide w conditions,Recklace driving, failure to report an accident,DUI,and possession of marijuana. Shouldn't his gf be charged w homicide as well her nor the driver called anyone to save the women, she could have lived if they had. They both fled the scene?????

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The phrase "homicide with conditions" does not appear in Georgia case law or statutes. Are you sure they did not say "homicide by vehicle"? In any event, I have reclassified your questions under criminal defense as it relates to the criminal aspects of the case rather than a civil claim for personal injury or wrongful death.


Your friend still needs to retain a qualified attorney right away. I am not sure that it helps him in any way if the other person is charged. He is still facing very serious charges and needs an attorney to represent him right away.

As stated in response to your previous post on this issue:

That could refer to a number of things, but it is clear that you need to speak with a qualified criminal defense attorney right away for your boyfriend. Be sure to consult with an attorney that has experience defending homicide cases and understands the dynamics of the jurisdiction where he has been charged.

DISCLAIMER: This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationsip has been, or will be, created until a valid engagement agreement is signed. No duty arises from this posting. Answers posted here are general and made with limited knowledge of the actual facts of your case. Always speak with an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction if you wish legal advice specific to your case.


Driver is responsible not to leave the scene. Why are you indicating that GF has the same duty as driver? Guilt by friend association?

Was the driver under a previous condition?

Curt Harrington Patent & Tax Law Attorney Certified Tax Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization PATENTAX.COM This communication is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This communication should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm.


There is no such thing as homicide with conditions but your friend could face a lengthy prison sentence and needs a lawyer.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you. Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer