What does conspiracy to sell drugs mean?

New York |

why would you be charged with this for instance.

Conspiracy is defined in Article 105 of the Penal Code and generally occurs where a person intends to committ a crime and agrees with one or more other persons to engage in the performance of such conduct. All conspiracies require an underlying criminal goal and an overt act by one or more of the conspirators. A conspiracy to sell drugs -- without regard to degree - means that the personal charged intended to engage in the criminal sale if a controlled substance and agreed with at least one person to do so and at least one of them did more than just talk about.

A person can be charged with conspiracy under a number of circumstances. Common example include where the police have the individual under arrest who actually made the sale and that person confesses that he had co-conspirators. Another common example is where the police have intelligence on a group that is preparing to commit a crime and arrest the group members for conspiracy prior to the crime occuring.

ok i got charge with conspiracy to sell although i had no intentions on selling anything instead when my friend handed me the money i choose to keep it for myself instead so anyone know what to tell me?

Matt Bryant

Matt Bryant

If your friend intended to sell, or acted like he intended to sell, or if you acted like you intended to sell, the fact that you secretly did not intend to sell anything is legally irrelevant. You should retain private counsel to explore your defenses and potential deals. Good luck.