Skip to main content

What does a visa R class BBBCC mean? What type should I put for deferred action?

San Diego, CA |

I always thought I had entered the US with a B2 - visitor's visa but now I'm not sure. On my Meixcan visa it says visa/type R class BBBCC. The internet has given me conflicting information. Some websites say the R stands for regular and other for religious which doesn't seem like it would apply to me. I also read that BBBCC is some special visitor's visa for Mexico.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Type R = Regular, Class R = Religious.

I believe your visa is a B-2 visa.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


You entered with a border crossing card and probably received a B-2 admission for six month when you first entered.

Answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer