Skip to main content

What documents must i have in order to prove malicious prosecution?

Hollywood, FL |

i was falsely accused and incarcerated, i was in jail for 2yrs and still prosecuted after the arresting officer openly admitted in court, that he had lost all the evidence. for the record the officer never logged in any evidence and he failed to do an incident report regarding the loss of evidence. he never had any evidence and the prosecutor (state) knew it and they still prosecuted me. fortunately i was aquitted. now what documents must i have?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Sit down witha local civil rights atttorney to see if you have a case. In all of my career, I have never seen a case for malicious prosecution succeed. I can tell you that due to the immunity prosecutors and police officer generally have as it relates to those accused of crime, I do not believe you have any chance of prevailing here. To be sure, however, one way or another, you need to check with the attorney in Florida as to whether that state has any special remedies available.

I am so sorry for your circumstances.

Best of luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Do not disclose anymore information. You should definitely consult with your local area Civil Rights Attorney in Florida for free consultation to see if you have a potential case. You might have a case because you have damages. You might have issues with immunity or statute of limitation to file against government entity (it's different in each state) and your attorney would need more information than what you just disclosed.

Please do not disclose anymore information and talk to an attorney for free consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer