Skip to main content

What documents do I need to evict my tenant for none payment ?

Philadelphia, PA |

Tenants not paying rent/utilities since last aug. After multiple requests to vacate the premises they refuse to leave . I was told to evict someone I need a housing inspection and BPL which I received 2 weeks ago. Do I have all the legal required doc.'s to move foward with an eviction ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


In Philadelphia, a Landlord must show proof of a valid business privilege license and registration as a Landlord with the city at the time the Complaint for ejectment is filed. These documents are a must. In addition to these formal documents, the Landlord will also need to have evidence to prove that the the utility bills are the responsibility of the Tenant as well as being able to prove that such bills are unpaid. Each case is different, with the necessary documents to be determined on a case by case basis.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney client relationship. Moreover, the information provides does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied upon in taking any legal action.