Skip to main content

What do you do when people in your apartment are setting my erotic picture on the public computer tarnishing my name.

Sacramento, CA |

I live in a public housing and i have some people in there harassing me and threatening me and posting my erotic photo on the PUBLIC computer which everyone in my complex can see and. Saving them on the computer desktop as "HOE FILE "the photo are old from a website i worked for "myredbook" i needed the cash and now i am pregnant and going to school and this is haunting me everyday i delete it off the computer and the next day it is right back on the main desktop i have tried everything what do i do my apartment wont kick them out its a never ending cycle.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The solution to your problem requires practical advice, not as much legal advice. I could tell you about possible lawsuit claims you might be able to make, but the reality is that you could not collect a judgment against these other public housing renters without money even if you could get a judgment, because there are probably no attorneys who would take a case with such a small chance of collecting on the judgment if they get one. What they are doing is wrong, but on a practical level it does not appear you have a legal solution.

Perhaps as soon as you finish school you can move away and leave those jerks behind.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


Talk to the management of your building. There is a complaint process available to you. This is a violation of the applicable rules for tenants and the management should investigate and deal with it appropriately, even if they have to resort to logging tenants who use the computer. Make a good fuss and also reach out the local legal aid organization that is most visible in interacting with your particular housing agency.

Make a formal written complaint to the agency that administers your housing. They can force the management of your building to take an appropriate enforcement posture here.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


This is morally and ethically wrong, and may constitute some level of harassment that your landlord should put a stop to. It may even be enough for you to seek out a restraining order.
However, I don't think it is illegal, especially since you posed for the photos and allowed them to be included in some website. They are now part of the public domain.