Skip to main content

What do we do?

Hobbs, NM |

My husband got a spine injection. Ever since then he has horrible pain and burning in his leg and the doctor refuses to do anything. What should we do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


This is more of a question for the medical side of Avvo.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Suggest that you see another doctor. see what he/she says. Would not mention considering a legsl action.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.


Find anther doctor or post this on a medical forum.


This is really a medical question rather than legal. You should talk to your husband's physician, ask for an explanation, and discuss treatment options. Most likely your husband has incurred a nerve injury or impingement from the needlestick. This is an accepted risk/complications of any spinal injection. It can occur in the absence of physician negligence. Whether the condition is repairable or may resolve naturally is something to discuss with the doctor. If the current doctor won't talk to you, find a new doctor.


Was it the tainted steroid with meningitis? Have a lawyer order the medical records to investigate.


I suggest that your husband obtain a 2nd opinion from another Dr. as to what is going on. Your husband should provide the new Dr. with a copy of the medical records concerning the spine injection. If it appears there has been negligence by the doctor performing the Injection, you and your husband should seek counsel with a personal injury attorney.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Seek the opinion of a medical doctor, preferably a board certified anesthesiast specializing in pain control. if it appears that there was any error in the earlier injection, then you need to contact an attorney handling medical malpractice claims. My office is based in Albuquerque, and I would be happy to give you a free consultation after your consult with the MD for a second opinion.

The AVVO response or other communication by Caruso Law Offices does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please call us at 505-883-5000 for a FREE CONSULTATION with an attorney. We look forward to discussing your case in more detail.


This complication does not necessarily mean malpractice but your husband deserves some answers.

Asking questions on Avvo can be a helpful introduction to your legal issues. You should not rely solely on Internet answers. At a minimum, ask for a free consultation from a local lawyer who handles your type of case.