Skip to main content

What do I need to submit with my N-400 form (citizenship)?

Cypress, TX |

I have been in the US since July 2009-present (march 2014). I have Tax transcripts from year 2010-2012 and I am filling taxes for 2013 this month (march 2014). I was unemployed July 2009-Jan 2010 and I stayed as a guest with someone for these 6 months so I don't have pay stubs or rent statements. I didn't file taxes for 2009 either b/c I was unemployed that year.

so my question is:
What do I need to submit for those 6 months of July 2009-Jan 2010 to prove my stay in the US for these 6 months?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Any correspondence, financial statements, utility bills, affidavits, leases or subleases, contracts etc. that prove your presence.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois


You can submit copies medical bills, utility bills, your driver’s license or ID, rent lease, tax returns, and credit card bills to help prove your presence. Get your school transcripts and affidavits from where you were staying during the time you were unemployed.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko


Great points.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer