What do I need to do to get my gun-rights back. I am a convicted felon on a fifth dui.

Milton, FL |

I went to state prison for 14 months in 1997. I got my voting -rights back in about 2 years. Now I have petitioned to get gun-rights back and haven't heard back from them. I it's been about 2 years. I did call Tallahassee once and they said it was being processed but couldn't give details or time-frame. I know elections have alot to do with it, but I need them back. My sister has my guns in Georgia and won't let me have them back till I get my rights back. my dad gave them to her when I was in prison. I took care of my parents for over 12 years when I got out so I had to live with them. They are both deceased now and I recieved my dads guns in will, but he sent them to my sis too because I was a felon. Not sure what the laws were on that What should I do to get ownership rights back?

hier an attorney who can assist you with this pardon process

I agree with the above poster that you should try for a pardon.

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/clemency-how-do-i-reinstate-my-civil-rights-or-get-a-pardon-in-florida-1