Skip to main content

What do i need to do if parent with custody wants to give up her rights and give them to me but not go threw court

Houston, TX |

My ex and i have a 5 year old daughter she needs to leave Texas to go to Miami for personal matters but knowing i won't give permission she's willing to give me full custody over my daughter to me but doesn't have enough time or money to get an attorney or wait for court.... Can i just get a letter from her or what will i need to do.....please help asap

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


To get orders that will give you what you want, it will have to go through the court system.

Good luck,
Eric Gruetzner


You EX needs to sign an affidavit of relinquishment. You need to do this right. Talk to a family law attorney. I suggest Stephanie Proffitt. 713.224.3400. Good Luck.


No, a letter will not suffice, you will need a modifciation or SAPCR to make this change legal. Feel free to call my office to set up a free consultation regarding the specifics of this matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer