Skip to main content

What do I need to do if I want to transfer my HOB visa but I did not received pay stubs from my employer ?

San Jose, CA |

I came in US last December 2012 with an HOB visa for my current employer . Projects did not materialized and I was given an allowance for January 2013 . Now , I another company offered me a job and would process my HOB transfer . However , I do not have a pay stubs from my current employer . What are my options to do the transfer . Thanks in advance .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is no such thing as an "HOB" visa in the US.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


When you seek H-1B through a new employer, their attorney should be able to assist you.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer