Skip to main content

What do i need to bring to court to have daycare included in my final child support amount?

Daytona Beach, FL |

Im currently going through a child support case for a 3 yr old... I own my own business and only conduct business on the weekend.. I do however work with my clients throughout the week via phone and email. I am a event planner and 99% of my physical business is done on the weekend. I hire a nanny just on weekends to care for my child while i work. What do i need to bring to court to show the judge that daycare is an expense for me on weekends.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can use proof of the payments you make to the sitter. (i.e., copies of checks, bank statements, etc.)
If you pay cash that may be more difficult to prove. You can have the sitter sign an affidavit saying how much he/she is paid and how often and have it notarized.

My preliminary answer to your question is based on the limited information you have provided and should be used as guidance not legal advice. My response does NOT create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with the other attorney...bring the best evidence that you have that you make those regular payments and it should not be a problem unless the expenses are disproportionate to what a reasonable person would pay under the circumstances, etc.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


The Court just wants to see proof that you need a nanny and that you pay her what you say you do. If she completes a written statement, make sure it is notarized.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272


You should probably bring a lawyer. Barring that, bring the nanny. The other lawyers are right in that you may be able to get away with showing documentary proof of payment of the nanny, but the rules regarding showing documents to judges are very complex. The rules for calling witnesses to say what they get paid are much simpler. Bring the nanny.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer