Skip to main content

What Do I Do When the Court Subpoenas the Officer?

Kirkland, WA |

I received a speeding ticket on March 25th 2010, and I have been going back and forth with the court about this issue. Needless to say it has been over 9 months since the incident and this issue has not been resolved, yet I am determined to stay the course.

Please visit this link to see a full description and discovery report regarding my case:

I'm a student, so I appreciate all the help I can get. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You are asking a lot of questions (in your link) that are really more appropriately posed to an attorney hired to represent you in a case. It is a detailed and long thread, too long to get into for this post.

In brief, a judge will sometimes ask you to provide proof of service of a discovery request. What the judge is asking you to provide the court is a document that says you sent the request and hopefully a document that says the request was received. So I understand why the judge didn't want another discovery request; rather, the judge wanted proof of service.

Second, if the officer doesn't show up and the officer was subpoenaed, then you can request that the case be dismissed. ****CAUTION**** I know you didn't do this on your own, but it is generally a bad idea to subpoena an officer in an infraction case. Many people think it's smart - it is generally not. You might get lucky though.

Good luck with your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer