Skip to main content

What do I do when finding a dangerous foreign object in fast food?

Kettering, OH |

Yesterday afternoon I purchase a 12pc meal from KFC only to find a tip of an exacto knife or a corner of a razor blade in my mashed potatoes. I called the store and made a report, took pictures of the object. Then taped the object to my receipt. I have refused to give them the object but they claim that it is in my best interest to hand it over to them. No one was seriously physically hurt other than a small prick on my thumb when retrieving it out of the mashed potatoes. However NEVER again will I eat out. I want to know what is in my food. This should be reported to the Board of Health. What should my next step be.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can report to the Board of Health and to the Better Business Bureau. It is excellent that no one was injured.

A court case, however, does require proof of injury so perhaps all you may get are some coupons from the KFC for your diligence.

Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.


Check with a local lawyer, you did suffer damages of a sort, maybe you can get something for your trouble.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer