Skip to main content

What do i do if some one is sending threatening emails to me regarding attacking me at my place of employment

Las Vegas, NV |

i have had issues with the person prior when we were co-workers and now they have contacted as well as there substance abusing mother have made contact with me at my currant place of employment as well as via email through facebook stating that they are going to go to my job and attack me. Also making fraudulent statements to my employer to have me terminated

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Your first step is to contact your local police department and speak with them about the threatening emails. Bring them with you when you go to the police or have them available if an officer comes to your home. You can also contact an attorney to advise whether you can file a civil suit. You may also be able to get a temporary restraining order (TRO) or a Peace Order (depending on your jurisdiction) to prevent contact.


First file a police report. After that, obtain a restraining order.


It sounds very serious to me and that is how I would approach it. That being the case, you need to immediately contact the police and advise them of your situation and follow their advice.

No information provided in response to these questions can be relied upon in any way without further personally consulting with Attorney Kerrigan and Attorney Kerrigan consulting personally with you regarding your specific legal situation.


Call the police

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer