Skip to main content

What do I do if my husband won't answer the phone so I can talk yo my kids?

Overland Park, KS |

I left my husband a month ago. I moved out of state because I have wasno family in Kansas. The agreement was that he could have the boys for the rest of the summer. And then I would be back to get them. In the course of a month I was told I couldn't leave state with them. And he now won't answer my phone calls to talk to them. What do I need to do to get my kids? Plus he is straying in a 2 bedroom aprt. And my kids either share a bed or sleep on the floor. I was also physically harmed and threatened. And because I feared for my life I did not report it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There are a lot of issues presented here, and it is difficult to even begin to address everything in this forum. I cannot tell if either party has filed for a divorce at this point. If no one has filed you should probably meet with an attorney to review this option. In a divorce case you can ask the court for temporary orders granting you residential custody of the children, subject to parenting time with their father. The move out of state may make it more of a challenge but the ultimate test is what is best for the children.

Best of luck to you.

Ken McRae

The answer is based on the information available through the question presented. This is general information provided in a public forum and should not be considered legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is established by this response. An attorney-client relationship is only formed if a fee agreement is signed and any required retainer is paid. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer