Skip to main content

What do I do if I committed a hit and run in Kansas?

Manhattan, KS |

I was going to school, and hit a car while trying to park in a parking lot. The car had a lot of dents already, but I made a small dent. I left my parking space and went and parked in a different one and didn't leave a note. When I got back to my car, there was a note on it that said, "Seriously??? A hit and run??? You can't just plow into someone's car and then drive away. What if that happened to you? Bet you'd be pretty pissed. Yeah, totally watched the whole thing along with like 5 others..." I don't know what to do, or if I should turn myself in, or what.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Please consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area. This is a serious matter and you need your interests protected by counsel.


If you receive a citation for a hit and run, retain a local criminal lawyer to fight it.


You should contact your insurance carrier immediately.

View my website & give me a call for a FREE consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


I agree with my colleagues. You should contact counsel, especially if you receive a citation or letter regarding the incident.

This answer is for information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. If your legal issue exists in North Central Kansas, you may contact Manhattan, KS attorney Blake Robinson to talk about your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer