Skip to main content

What criteria is used to change visitation to supervised visits in florida?

Cape Coral, FL |

My ex has a violent temper.He is verbally and emotionally abusive.What do I need to do to get a protective orderfor me and my child or change visitation to supervised visits in florida?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


To get a change in your current timeshare agreement or order, you have to prove that there has been a substantial change in circumstances that was unexpected since the time of your agreement. In your case, it sounds as though the substantial change is that your ex is abusing your child. You'd usually have to prove it through witnesses (usually not including your child) and/or the testimony of a mental health professional who could say that your child is being harmed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer