Skip to main content

What countries can i travel to without a visa if i already have a USA B1/B2 Visa?

Miami, FL |

I know i can travel Mexico and some Central America countries just using it. But i was wondering if there are more countries. I read also Japan but im not sure. My passport is from the Dominican Rep.
-What countries i can travel and stay for a short time?
-What countries i can make fly stops without a visa in if going to US?


+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

My advise is that you make a list of countries you would like to visit and then look specifically for what documentation they would require.


Impossible for any one of us to know or list the countries for you.. You need to do the leg work yourself and research the visa requirements of each particular country you contemplate visiting or passing through while on transit to somewhere else.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I wholeheartedly agree with the answers of the other attorneys as each country determines their own requirements for entry.


Your tourist visa allows you to enter the US. Whether you need a visa to another country depends on your current country of citizenship. I'm not aware of other countries waiving their own visa requirements for individuals who hold a US visa.

Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.


Check the requirements for the countries you would like to visit.
Normally whether you will be admitted to another country will depend on the country from which you have a passport and not on your possessing a non immigrant passport from the USA.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer