Skip to main content

What could happen tome is i dont show up to court for petty theft

San Diego, CA |
Attorney answers 5


If it was a citation, then a warant will be issued for you, but as a misdemeanor, would not be extraditable from other jurisdictions or states. If you had a booking and a bail bond posted, the bond will be forfeited and a warrant will issue. If you remain out of Californmia for 3 years (more or less) and then come back in, the file will likely have been destroyed and the case dismissed. The warrant will remain active until you or your attorney appear in court, indefinitely.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a phone or office conference. Please call my office at 619-231-0401 or visit my website at


A warrant for your arrest will be issued. Once the warrant is issued, it's likely you will be detained if you attempt to cross the border. Since most petty theft charges are misdemeanors, you can hire an attorney to appear on your behalf and ensure the matter is handled so you don't suffer any future inconveniences.

Law Office of Andrew Limberg, APLC 380 S. Melrose Dr., #329 Vista, CA 92081 (760) 806-4381


You'll likely have a bench warrant issued. When you had back to California to visit friends or family, you could get arrested.


Don't risk getting arrested the next time you try and cross the border. Hire a locally experienced criminal defense attorney who can appear for misdemeanor charge(s) without you having to personally be present in court.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555


Como los otros han sugerido que quiere estar seguro que lidiar con esto ahora lo contrario es muy probable que tenga una orden emitida para su arresto y va a terminar en la cárcel.

I will be happy to speak with you at no cost with a FREE phone consultation if you have a San Diego or California matter. Please call my office at 619-238-1905 or visit my website at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer