Skip to main content

What contitute in legal term age discrimination.

Houston, TX |

I was told by a letter from my land lord that i have thirty days to move from her apartment after i told her that my rent will be late because of a miss stake by the government(retirement pay stop because of my death) I informed my land lord of this problem and she wrote a very down grading letter that left me in a low state in my life, with know purpose, she back her comments with don't call her for any mantinance thats needed for the apartment until all money and late fees are payed, and when i move don't use her as reference on any rental application. My rent was due on the 27 of the month and she knew that i payed my rent with my goverment at the end are on the first of the month. I payed her at move in one month advance rent of $780 plus 600 deposit. she will not answer her phone

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This is not an issue of age discrimination. I recommend that you re-submit your post with a tag of "landlord - tenant" so the attorneys who practice in that subject matter can see it and respond.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.