Skip to main content

What can we do to keep DHS from giving custody back to bio-mother who has a 15 year history of drug use? Kids neglected & abused

Blanchard, OK |

She claim to be clean for pass 2 1/2 months. 1 child has died, 1 molested, 1 abandoned, last one was born with meth in his system. Bio-mother has been in jail more than once. I can not believe DHS is even thinking of giving these children back to her. What as the foster parents can we do. There is no money for a Lawyer. Where can we turn to protect these children? This is in OKC Oklahoma. She has been in jail here, and in Ark. She has no home for them to live in that I know of. One child was taken away about 8 years ago and been adopted. She was on drugs then also. Why would anyone give these children back to her. When the foster parent picked the children up from DHS shelter they were dirty, clothes were ratty, they stunk, and had to be treated for lice! We Need HELP!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You don't say how you are associated with this case but that should be identified. Check to see if there an Oklahoma County case. If so, contact the Court. If not, write DHS a letter and sent it certified. Make sure you provide specifics for each of the allegations. If you have places and times, that would be the best.
Whatever you decide to do or contact make sure you provide specifics for the acts that you allege the Mother has done.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer