Skip to main content

What can i send to prove i was here june 15?

Spring, TX |

I've pretty much assembled all the necessary documents for the DACA application, but the June 15th requirement is still eluding me:

"Documentation sufficient for you to demonstrate that you were physically present on June 15, 2012, the date the memorandum was issued, may include, but is not limited to: financial records, medical records, school records, employment records, and military records."

School records: I wasn't in school during or near June 15th, my college transcript only goes up to March 2012.

Medical records: No trips to the hospital in years.

Employment records: never been employed.

Financial records: never had a bank account or credit card.

Military records: never been in the military.

The only thing I can think of that I have to work with is my passport. Is there anything on there that can prove I've been here since my last arrival up until now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The passport is not going to prove that you were here on June 15 unless it was issued to you by a consulate in the US on or about June 15th. You need documents showing you were in the US on or about June 15th.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


If you are talking about June 15, 2012 and August 15, 2012, show your school records up to March 2012 and as many other things as you can find as near to June as possible - even if it is August 2012. Have you been in and out of the U.S. a lot? If never, then submit what you have along with some affidavits and wait to see if USCIS asks you for more evidence.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.


Try to find whatever you can - receipts, notices etc. A signed letter may also work, if you can't find anything else.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.


What about phone or utility bills or leases?

Ellie Mosko Attorney Ellis Porter, PLC 2701 Troy Center Dr., 410 Troy, MI 48084 Phone: 248-519-9900 Fax: 248-519-9901 Email: The information I provide on Avvo is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney client relationship

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer