What can I say in a statement of extreme hardship from my qualifying relatives?

Houston, TX |

What should I talk about, or what dies that mean? I don't understand exactly what INS is asking me. They sent me a letter (in Re: to form I-485) asking me to submit a completed form I-601 application for waiver of grounds of inadmissibility. 15 years ago I had a misdemeanor for 3.5 grams of marijuana, case was disposed.
My I-130 was approved trough marriage.
Thank you

An I-1601 application is not an easy waiver application and should not be taken lightly. You should contact an experienced attorney to help with that.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by email-fadi@visaplace.com.This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. www.visaplace.com

You should hire an immigration attorney. Doing this kind of work is way above your pay grade.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Extreme hardship is a difficult concept and it is cumulative in nature. There is no one specific thing that you can say. It is rather a meticulous review of the facts and then application of the EH factors to those facts to figure out what needs to be said in the statement.

Even those of us who do nothing but waivers all day every day have a hard time explaining to layperson what "extreme hardship" means because what is and what is not extreme hardship differs from family to family. This is why I-601 waivers are considered to be so complex and why you shouldn't be flying this one solo (not to mention that it's far more than just a simple statement or a simple form).

I recommend that you don't waste time (I'm sure you've been given a limited amount of time to respond) and consult about this with someone who is experienced in waivers. Moreover, are you even sure that a waiver is appropriate/required in your circumstances?

We offer consultations via in-person, telephone, Skype, and email. Contact us today! 713.335.5505 *** www.tunitskylaw.com *** www.facebook.com/LawOfficeOfVeronicaTunitsky. The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Extreme hardship Waiver from qualifying relatives is an elaborate legal art form without any clearly defined parameters. It is like asking online what to state to write an excellent novel similar to its content and brilliancy to Henry Miller's Tropic of Cancer, for instance.
You need a splendid immigration attorney for drafting a good I-601 Waiver.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com