Skip to main content

What can I expect on a second offense felony forgery and felony identity theft?

Somerset, KY |

I posted this question once, but I wasn't clear enough on what I was asking. I got a state year probated on my first felony, absconded, and committed some more felonies. I plan on serving the remainder of that probation out. (I have 5 months left on the sentence, and that's because I was serving county time on another charge that counted towards my felony time). So what I'm asking is if I serve that probation out and ask for long term rehab (which I've already been accepted into, and the courts often send parolees there) Is that something that wouldn't be too much to ask. On my previous case my restitution was 5,000.00 And I paid it in full before I absconded. My new charges the totals around 1,000.00. I have a son and am just wondering what to prepare for when I turn myself in.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You need the services of a criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP.
You are in serious trouble. The new felony charges (including a possible PFO charge) need to be resolved along with the potential motion to revoke your original probated time. A Circuit Court judge will look at your prior felony conviction, crimes committed while on felony probation and the new 2 felonies. House Bill 463 made some changes that when into effect in 2010-2012 that may assist you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer