Skip to main content

What can I do to remove info regarding a prior arrest from the bvnpt report to prospective employers?

San Diego, CA |

I was arrested two years ago for battery all the charges were dropped and the case never went to court. The board contacted me regarding this matter and I responded by a telephone call. I soon moved and never replied with the info they asked for ie a copy of all the paperwork surrounding the case. I have the paperwork just never mailed it to them. Now they have issued a citation my license is clear but still shows a citation and all the details making it hard to find a job.what can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This situation will only get worse if you continue to avoid facing up to it. In fact, if you do not soon take care of responding responsibly to the Board's investigative process, you will be unable to renew your license at expiration. And there is no good reason to let this circumstance become so problematic. If you were not charged, then it is unlikely that you will face serious discipline against your license based on the arrest -- perhaps none at all. But you need to act before you are facing new and different disciplinary charges for failing to respond to Board inquiries and/or failing to comply with the citation.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer