Skip to main content

What can i do to help me close this investigation with social workers? She had me go do drug counseling i have to pay for each c

Los Angeles, CA |

On 3/12 /2013 an emergancy social worker came to my house stateing that i neglected my son that i had gang members and that my son was always crying at night and that i used drugs .so she came inspected my house and my son for no sings of abuse but nothing so then she askd me to go take a drug test . I
had told her i had taken a hit of weed a week ago so the test came back and she said my marijuana leves were really low but since i had an open court case wit childrens court last year for use of drugs of meth and thc .but i went to rehab completed that . But i need help im economicaly im not doing so good i have a hard time finding work and my two year old too much stress. So she had a counsolor of family press come out to my house for 3months witch is what is the low risk cases as sh

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


It sounds like you had a prior CPS intervention involving a Petition in court and reunification services. It also sounds like you completed the services successfully and the case was dismissed but you are now slipping or relapsing.

The Department (CPS) will not stop looking at you until they feel confident you are not back into using drugs or alcohol. At some point - they felt you were not taking proper care of your children because of AOD (Alcohol or drug) issues. You need to stay away from these until your children are adults.

This is what you need to do to help close the investigation with social workers.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer