Skip to main content

What can I do to fight some misdemeanor charges while on parole and what is the out come if I lose ?

Sun Prairie, WI |

I'm on parole and I am being charged with battery, disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property. what can happen to me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I strongly recommend consulting with a criminal defense attorney. Without such representation, the penalties under the relevant statutes will likely be compound-able.


You have two separate potential problems. One is the new charges. The other is the potential revocation of your parole. You'll need the help of a lawyer with both problems.

On the new charges, you'll need to plead not guilty and prepare for trial.

On the parole revocation question, I am somewhat surprised that you are not already on a hold. If your P.O. wasn't notified of the new incident by police, you are still in all likelihood required by your rules of supervision to notify them of the police contact. At that point, you may be put in jail on a hold while your P.O. investigates, and if they decide to revoke, you will remain in custody pending a revocation hearing, unless you are offered and accept an ATR. If you are revoked, you can be returned to prison to serve out the remainder of your original sentence, with a new term of confinement and extended supervision to be set by the original sentencing court.

You need to get an attorney as soon as possible.

This answer is provided for general information only. No legal advice can be given without a consult as to the specifics of the case.