Skip to main content

What can i do if someone used my name when getting arrested

Houston, TX |

my sister in law used my name when getting arrested several times i didnt know how bad it was until i went through a staffing co. for a job and my back ground came back bad real bad i dont know for sure how to get this off my name the few people i have talked to have no clue what i should do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


These comments are made for educational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship exists between us.

You need a criminal attorney to help you assess your current criminal record, especially any outstanding warrants that may exist.


Once I had a client who had the same name and date of birth as another individual who had a warrant for his arrest. We went to the sheriff's department who fingerprinted him and wrote a letter saying he was not the same person with the outstanding arrest warrant, and gave specifics. You could do something similar.

In addition, you may be able to expunge quote your record. This would be more complicated than most because it would require fingerprinting, etc. However, you can hire a lawyer who could probably help you get this achieved as the prosecutors who handle the expunctions in the district attorney's office are pleasant & would understand your predicament. Moreover, the sheriff's department, as well as other law enforcement agencies would prefer to have information on your sister-in-law, than you - an innocent person.

This statements are made for educational assistance only.


Contact a local lawyer - many may give you a free consultation for an hour - to discuss your specifics. Far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.