Skip to main content

What can I do if someone is using my picture?

Adelanto, CA |

recently a man came up to me and told me I looked familiar I didn't really pay much attention n later on he told me it was on a website call back-page I didn't even know what he was talking about, so i told my husband n he looked all night and found the picture of my self i was about 16 year old or 17 at that time, and this website is like a prostitution website, I'm very upset and I don't know what can really be done about this.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Contact an Internet law attorney. They can write a demand letter to the company or file a law suit if necessary.

In addition to AVVO's disclaimer, please note that by this answer no attorney client relationship is intended mor entered into and unless there is a signed retainer agreement in place, neither me nor anyone in our office has intended to solicit clients nor reprints them. The answers are general in nature and without weighing specifics of particular query. No answer should be relied on in whole or in part, directly or otherwise to act or not to act in pursue of any of your potential claims in law or equity. You should consult with and obtain advise or representation of an attorney to protect your rights regarding your case or matter.


Yes, you can hire an Attorney to write a demand letter to get the photo removed. However, you may want to start by contacting Backpage and informing them about the situation.

The answers provided are of a general nature and are not intended to be final or complete answers of any individual's legal questions. Other facts not considered may change the analysis or outcome. Do not rely on information presented herein to address your individual legal concerns. Your receipt of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship and the legal privileges inherent therein. If you have a legal question, you should consult an attorney experienced in that area of the law. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you hire an attorney, you should request information about the attorney's qualifications and experiences. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. Only those persons who have a signed written fee agreement and authority to represent with me is an actual client. This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than my educated opinion or viewpoint. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice from an attorney in your area. NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum.


Since you were a minor when this picture was taken, it is considered "kiddie porn." No web site wants to be posting kiddie porn as the pentalties are severe. There are other legal issues regarding using your photo without permission, but you won't need to bring these up as the issue of posting a minor's picture is so clear.

If you contact the web site through their customer service link and tell them those pictures are of a minor they will probably take them down immediately. If they do not, you have plenty of law on your side to go after them and you should find a lawyer to help you.

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.