Skip to main content

What can I do if someone hit my car in parking lot and run away?

Ravenna, OH |

When I was entering parking lot, a lady while taking her car out from parking lot hit my car and there was damage on my car. I called police immediately but the lady told me not to report insurance and after I get estimation for the damage repair she pay me for the damage, I agreed. She gave me her contact number, now the lady not answering my call. I do not have any information about her. I am worried. What I should do now?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


If you have her insurance information, make your claim directly to her insurer. If you do not, you should obtain a copy of the police report, if any was made, and determine who she listed as her insurer and use that information to make a claim. If neither of those options are available to you, then you can turn the matter in to your own insurance and let them fight with her. Assuming the collision was not your fault, your insurance rates should not be increased due to making a claim for these damages. Best wishes.


Call the carrier!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


It appears the only information you have is the phone number she gave you. Get a copy of the police report and report the claim to your insurance carrier (assuming you have uninsured motorist coverage).

Don't forget to check "Helpful" if I helped you out. This response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship and is based on the limited information available at the time of the response. Before acting on anything stated or referenced in this response you should consult with an attorney of your choosing and go over the specific details of your legal circumstances. My responses are also given in the context of the laws of the State of Louisiana. To the extent this comment involves principles of law governed by another state my comment merely reflects my opinion and should not be considered legal advice.


Submit insurance claim and get it fixed

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer