Skip to main content

What can i do if somebody owes me money (a lot of money )since the person who owes me money told me he's never gonna pay me back

New Port Richey, FL |

in july 2013 it's gonna be 5 years since a person owes me a lot of money (over 200 k).i have all the transactions and paperwork sayin i gave him the money,he gave me something back and couple months ago he just stoped paying me back,he filed for bankruptcy maybe 2 years ago(not sure)he lost everything 3 houses money everything.but he has a business,and my question is can i sue him,and what can i do about this case,since he was so rude and told me that he's never gonna pay me back and hung up on me when i called him.should i hire a lawyer and start something against him all i want is my money back that like he said he invested in some business.please help me thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I would strongly advise you to hire an attorney. No offense, your current methods of trying to collect have not worked thus far. My firm offers free case consultations in these matters and handles these matters. Our office number is 813-830-2261. Good luck.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions


Contact an attorney. Even though he declared bankruptcy, the odds are that he did not disclose the debt owed to you. As a result, it constitutes undisclosed debt that was not discharged in the bankruptcy. Beyond that, if the money was supposed to be invested in a business, and that business is still a going concern with assets, that should give you more options.

The big question here will be collecting. If you win a judgment against him, will you be able to collect it.

Please feel free to give my office a call. I frequently handle cases like this.

Jonathan Pollard

My response to this question is a response to a hypothetical situation based on limited facts. I am not your attorney; you are not my client and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. If you need a lawyer, you should contact one in your area. If you would like to talk with me about your case, you can call my office.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer