Skip to main content

What can I do if I was rear ended and the other insurance company won't take fault?

Manchester, NH |

I got rear ended in February. The other driver was speeding, driving while under the influence of drugs, and was arrested on scene. Initially the other insurance company told me they won't take responsibility and claimed it was my fault because I cut him off. I didn't cut him off. I sent them the police report and they said it had no merit because the police got there after the accident happened so they don't know what happened. Three weeks later they sent a appraiser out to look at my car. He told me they would cover everything including a rental and I have an email saying all I need to do is bring his estimate to the garage of my choice and it will be taken care of. I brought my car to the garage and now they told the garage they haven't taken fault yet and are still investigating.

I already reported it to my insurance company and they contacted the other insurance company but its still not going anywhere. I don't have the money to use my coverage and pay my deducible. I don't know what else to do other than bring it to court.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Report the loss to your own insurance carrier, they will hopefully cover all of the property damages. If you sustained any injuries, retain all medical documentation concerning that injury and seek out a personal injury attorney in your area.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063


All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.


Consult a personal injury attorney to put an end to this insurance companies games and protect your rights in this matter.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


If you have full coverage insurance then turn the claim over to them to get the property damage repaired. Then hire an experienced personal injury attorney in your area and file suit. If the facts are as black and white as you have stated, then there is no point in wasting time on an unreasonable adjuster in my opinion.


Report it to your insurance company to resolve.



This answer is provided by California Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., 510-206-4492. Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. Abogado de Lesiones de Accidentes de Autos, provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Oakland Abogado Accidentes Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Accidentes de carros, Abogado de accidentes de Peatones, practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer