Skip to main content

What can I do if I obtained the TSP for 3 years but then when I tried to renovated they denied it to me ? .

Myrtle Beach, SC |

From Honduras , lived in the US since 1991 ; obtained TSP IN 2001 ; Never had any type of felonies or criminal record .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can seek an appeal if the time has not passed.


I agree

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


You should have received a denial decision explaining the reasons. There are a number of reasons other than a criminal record for which TPS can be revoked/denied. Contact an immigration lawyer to advise you on the best course of action.


I agree with my colleagues. However, you may NOT be eligible for TPS or to maintain your existing TPS if you:

Have been convicted of any felony or two or more misdemeanors committed in the United States;
Are found inadmissible as an immigrant under applicable grounds in INA section 212(a), including non-waivable criminal and security-related grounds;
Are subject to any of the mandatory bars to asylum. These include, but are not limited to, participating in the persecution of another individual or engaging in or inciting terrorist activity;
Fail to meet the continuous physical presence and continuous residence in the United States requirements;
Fail to meet initial or late initial TPS registration requirements; or
If granted TPS, you fail to re-register for TPS, as required, without good cause.

Do consult with an experienced immigration attorney for guidance in this matter. NOTE: You have a limited time to file an appeal. Good luck to you.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Lisa R. Brenman

Lisa R. Brenman


I agree with this response and add that it is important to know exactly why you were denied after having TPS for several years. It is possible, in some situations, to apply for reinstatement of TPS after it is denied. It depends on the facts of your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer