Skip to main content

What can i do if i feel i am being illegally accused of bank fraud

Houston, TX |

a company is saying applied for a loan on line and now they want their money and i don't remember being approved for a loan over the internet i have applied but never approved or received any money. says they will file lawsuit for bank fraud i never had any money deposited into my account from an online loan company what can i do. i am very disturbed about this can you give me any feed back or should i just wait and see what they are going to do because it told them i really don't know what they are referring to.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The first thing you need to do is a hire a lawyer in your area that is familiar with business litigation and our defense of economic crimes. Depending on the facts and circumstances of your case, if you made any false statements to a federally insured financial institution in connection with any loan, line of credit or account, you could be prosecuted federally pursuant to Title 18, United States Code, Section 1014 - False Statements to a Federlly Insured Financial Institution. Less likely would be a prosection under Title 18, United States Code, Section 1344 - Bank Fraud.

Based on th einformation that you included in your question, it sounds like the financial institution may be at fault, in which case you will need legal advice in order to protect your credit from any potentially negative information. As you point out, unless you actually signed for a loan - and more importantly, received the funds, you should be able to resolve this matter rather quickly. However, like any problem, this will likely not go away on its own and therefore needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.


I agree that you need to consult an attorney confidentially and as soon as possible, If you do not have sufficient funds, I would recommend that you contact the Federal Public Defender in Houston.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer