Skip to main content

What can i do if i disagree with a petition that was dismissed with prejustice

New City, NY |

support court. motion was dismissed due to a failure to carry burden of proof

+ Read More

Filed under: Appeals
Attorney answers 3


You should probably discuss with an attorney who can help you cure the defects, but you may be able to move to reargue, and/or appeal. You may have very short time limits in effect to do anything, so meet with attorney asap.


File an appeal...if you're within 30 days of the order.


You need to file objections to the order as soon as possible. There is a very short window of opportunity in which to do so. You need to consult with an experienced attorney to determine if there are grounds for a reversal and why the court found that you failed to meet your burden of proof as the petitioner.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer