Skip to main content

What can i do for a change of venue?

Rockford, IL |

my child is in temporary custody of dcfs in one county.but my child is physically residing in another county.i reside in the county in which the case about 2 1/2 to 3 hours about to move 20 minutes from her.dcfs only sees her once a month. i see her 3-4 times a month now. but if i move i will be able to see her more.thats why im asking would this be a good grounds for change of venue.her father also wants a change of venue.he a non-indicated party.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to duscuss this iisue with your lawyer. A change of venue in a juvenile case is much different than most other cases. I wouldn't say it is not possible but it is difficult. You have not presented enough facts here for me to even attempt an answer. It depends on many things besides the fact that both parent agree. Like I said discuss it with your lawyer. You have not even stated which county the case is in and which county you want he venue to transfer to.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.


You have not furnished sufficient information to answer you question. You really should discuss this matter with your attorney. If you do not have one, you should at the very least pay to consult with a family law practitioner with DCFS experience.


This is a very complicated issue that will require legal counsel. You will need to schedule a consultation with an attorney to get more information about your question.

Content contained on this site is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. You should consult an attorney to discuss your particular case and to obtain legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer