Skip to main content

What can I do about my 2nd speeding ticket in 2 months?

Canton, TX |

I had never gotten a ticket in my life until 2 months ago. My first was for going 72 in a 60 and today for going 75 in a 60 (almost exact spot). I am 23 and ended up just paying for the first one because I couldn't miss a day off work due to a meeting. But now I have this second one in 2 months which scares me. If I take defensive driving will it be taken off of my record? Or should I just pay it? How much is my insurance premium going to go up because of this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Hire a traffic law attorney to get the ticket reduced to a non-moving violation so you won't have points added to your driving record. If that is not an option for you, then you might want to call the court and see if you can attend traffic school to prevent the points from being added to your driving record.

If not too much time has passed since you paid the first ticket, and if you were not represented by an attorney, then an attorney may be able to get the guilty plea withdrawn and negotiate a plea bargain with the prosecutor to get that first ticket reduced to a non-moving violation.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer