Skip to main content

What can I do about a will not being properly executed in Alabama?

Dothan, AL |

My dad died last year. I had not seen a copy of his will until this week. My dad's guardian has lied to me. At the funeral, he said my dad left his house and contents to someone else. Then he came by a few months later with papers for me to sign, so I did. I think I signed the house away. I'm not sure, it all happened so fast. The will says the house is mine. It also has a clause that no one can contest the will. But, the executor/guardian has not done what my dad wanted him too. I am supposed to receive some money on the anniversary of dad's death. But, the guy hasn't said anything at all. The guardian is a government official. I'm almost scared to get in any kind of fight with him. Is there anything I can do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Hire a lawyer as soon as possible. There are many possibilities. It is too much to describe here. GET A LAWYER NOW!


You should hire an attorney as soon as possible.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.