Skip to main content

What can I do about a drug testing facility that didn't do its job properly so I lost a prospective job?

Chula Vista, CA |

I took a drug test for employment, and asked the company I took it with if they needed my prescription information. I was informed that I would be contacted to give Rx numbers by the company doing the testing. Weeks later my prospective employer had not received my results nor had i received a call about my Rx number. They also had some of my personal information wrong. Once the information was sent under the right name, my prospective employer stated I am disqualified for the job do to drug test failure. This would not have happened if any of the drug testing facilities had asked for my information like they told me they would.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you could prove that the testing facility acted in a way that was below the standard of care owed to you as a person being tested and that the facility's failure caused you damages, you should be able to sue the facility under a theory of negligence.

Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.