What can I do?

Houston, TX |

I let this school teacher take my payments on my ford explorer til I can get on my feet.She refused to sign any ageement .so its just a verbal agreement that she ,ake the payments ,but she 4 months behind and refused to let me know her address and doesn't even respond to email or calls .it si late a $1000,$253 per month what can I do .I have her drivers lic. # and past address.

Filed under: Debt

If you let someone else use your car, you can take it back. All you have is a month to month agreement (at best) for her to rent your vehicle from you. If she refuses to return it, you may be able to get help from the police. The vehicle and the loan are yours.

Mr. Goldstein is a Virginia-licensed attorney only. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting Mitchell Goldstein or the Goldstein Law Group does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised.

First, you are still liable on the debt. I would contact the vehicle creditor and tell them what has happened. You should also report the vehicle stolen.
Pam Stewart
Houston, TX

I would report the vehicle as stolen, notify your insurance carrier and inform the lender of the situation.