Skip to main content

What can happen if someone who is on community control and never went to see the probation officer and gets picked up for that

Loudonville, OH |

sentenced to that, for tampering with evidence did serve 4 months in the county F3

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

If a person is arrested on a probation violation, the court could sentence that person to serve the balance of the prison time that was originally suspended. That person definitely needs to speak with an attorney about the case as soon as possible.


If you violate the terms of your probation you could be sentenced to prison or jail for the term that was originally suspended. For example if your original sentence was 3 years and you served 4 months and the balance of 32 months was suspended on condition you complete community control/probation you could be sentenced to 32 more months in prison. I suggest consulting an attorney to discuss this case.

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer