Skip to main content

What can be done with a parking lot accident?

Tupelo, MS |

My car was parked at the local mall. Me and my daughter come out to a note on my windshield from a person who saw a truck hit my car and drive off. They left his tag number, the make, model and color of his truck. Called mall police and they wrote a report, ran the tag, and gave me the persons information. I went to the address provided, gave copy of report to the persons wife and she gave the info to her husband. The husband phoned. Asked my name. And denied he was ever there but indeed admitted it was his truck but denied being at the mall. But if someone saw it, wrote the tag number and described his vehicle, what can be done to get my car fixed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You need to contact a local attorney for representation.

Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at www. I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference


If you are lucky, the person who left the note also gave you their name and contact info. If yes, then you have a witness should you decide to go to small claims court (assuming the damages are within the monetary limit of your economic loss). If you have comprehensive coverage under your own policy, you can also choose to have your company pay for the repairs and they will then go over after the man, without you having to worry about success or failure in suing him.


Contact your insurance carrier. It would likely be best to have your insurance company handle your repairs and then they would go after the at fault party. Of course, you would likely have a deductable.


Report this to your insurer. Follow the suggestions of these lawyers. Good luck


Report it to your insurance company to resolve.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer