Skip to main content

What can be done in a criminal mischief case where police said it is a civil matter

Dallas, TX |

a former roommate from hell moved out on 5/1/12. we had a major argument on 4/29 so it was good for him to leave. Just 3 days ago, he texted me and a major argument ensued. things got really nasty. I even called someone he knew and let him know about rotten things this roommate said about his family. Just a few hrs ago, a brick came smashing threw my window. Immediately, I ran outside, and saw him running down the block. I chased him all the way to his house (his new residence just a few blocks away). I called police and they gave me a report #. but they said since he just recently moved out, this is a civil matter and they can do nothing. the brick damaged property inside the house and almost hit my cat. they refused to talk to him or investigate at all

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This is not a civil matter it is a criminal matter. Try talking to the officer's supervisor or the District Attorney's office.

Veronica I. Legarreta Legarreta & Owen, LLP 613 E. Ashby Place Suite 2 San Antonio, Texas 78212 210-532-5321 phone 210-532-5322 fax I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in San Antonio, Texas. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.