Skip to main content

What can be done if a trust has been taken from you ? Excutor and lawyer who set up trust have attempted to hide information.

Philadelphia, PA |

i lived with my grandparents for most of my life and they both have passed away. My grandfather set up a trust for me and the funds from that trust have been concealed from me. the original attorney has been removed and a second lawyer has been hired to represent the estate.Most of my grandparent assets have not been added to the estate to avoid paying taxes, making public the true assets they had ,and to conceal money so the excutors can pocket more of what my parents left behind. the excutors have tryed to put conditions on my portions and distorted the truth ,distroyed documentation and defamed my name in order to keep the truth a secret. i was told most trusts can only be uncovered by the that first attorney my grandfather hired and are not a matter of public record. is that true .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The trust itself is not necessarily a matter of public record, true. However if you are a current beneficiary of the trust you are entitled to a copy of the trust and the books/records of the trust/trustee. You need a lawyer to represent your interests and obtain the records, likely through a court proceeding requesting an accounting and to remove the trustee/executor and perhaps surcharge him/her if funds were misappropriated or the terms of the trust not followed.

This is not legal advice nor intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided here is informational in nature only. This attorney may not be licensed in the jurisdiction which you have a question about so the answer could be only general in nature. Visit Steve Zelinger's website:


Attorney Zellinger has provided you with sound advice. You need to consult with a local trust attorney to review and explore your situation in depth. If you need a referral, you should start with Attorney Zellinger, he is in your area.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** My response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attoreny-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, I provide a general purpose response based on California law as I am licensed in California. In reviewing my response, you are specifically advised that your use of, or reliance upon any response I provide is not advisable. I do not have all relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter, thus I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, your review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us nor does it qualify as a legal consultation for any purpose. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Law Offices of Eric J. Gold Telephone: 818-279-2737 Email: service@egoldlaw.con

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer