Skip to main content

What can be done and who can help?

Belton, TX |

I served double the sentence of my charge and then about a week later after I was released, I received a call stating that I was now on a 2 year probation and have to pay fines for the time I already served. I got out of jail in complete chaos and behind in bills and do not have money. My friends and family paid all they could pay for the last 6 months and now No one is able to assist any further. Courts have threatened to throw me in prison for 2 yrs and trump charges on me if I do not pay. Was told could receive revocation probation, violation probation, and the initial charge trumped for being poor. I ALREADY served over TRIPLE the time for my sentence.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Try to get a public defender or a court-appointed defense attorney. If you have already been through a tough time without counsel you won't want to repeat it.

Avvo answers are not substitutes for the educated opinion of a lawyer who knows the facts of your particular case and should not be relied upon as such. My answer to you did not create an attorney-client relationship. James J Bagley Whaley, Bowie and Bagley LLC Providence, RI 401 454 7700


There is not sufficient information here to provide an answer to you.

You should take the information you have to a local attorney to request an opinion as to your next step.

Bobby Barina's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Mr. Barina offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call his office at 254-699-3755 to make an appointment or visit his website at for more information about his services.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer